Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Something a little different!!

Hello everyone :)

Sorry I havent posted much this week - so much going on and havent had a chance.



Thought I would share with you this stitching I did a few months ago. I found a large dot-to-dot puzzle online and as soon as I saw it I had to stitch it!! Took quite a while - as a beginning stitcher I was sort of going in my own direction - but I got all the lines done in the right spots and I was quite chuffed with the result.



I was planning on giving this away in a raffle (it is framed) but I chickened out... anyway......

The size is a4 (210 × 297 mm). Which I think is 8 inches by just under 12 inches (dont quote me ;) ) I stitched in normal sewing thread and painted with watercolours. The blue around the sides is the border for the frame - just to give a bit of closer detail.

I am assuming this is as close as I will ever get to the Leaning Tower Of Pisa and this is my snapshot of my visit ;)

Have a wonderful day and I will be back soon :)

11 comments:

cats whiskers said...

Wow I am overawed what a fantastic picture you have made and the stitching must have taken ages, well done
Hugs Jacqui x

Sharon said...

Blimey a lot of hard work gone in to that. It's fab!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Wow that is alot of stitching!!! Well done!

Theresa Momber said...

Beautiful! Wow, that is a lot of stitching. I am impressed!!!

BetteJo said...

I would never think to stitch a dot to dot - this must be a craft I've never seen or heard of! Very creative and a great idea! Really nice job too!

Heather "Hev" said...

Thankyou everyone.... :)

I never heard of stitching a dot to dot either - I just saw it and thought it would be ideal so I tried it and wahlah!!! I have done this one twice - I am a glutton for punishment!!!

Anonymous said...

It is my pleasure to tell you I have some blog bling for you at Myrt's Card-O-Craft.

Gorgeous piece of Art ! Well done!

Cindy Haffner said...

Super job, love the stitches, FTS.

Dana said...

You stitched that? HOLY SMOKES! That's awesome!!

Sez said...

What an impressive picture!.
It's stunning.

maxine said...

wow this is fantastic. well done