Over at This Thursday..its all about the theme was flags. I found a bunch of Australian flag cocktail sticks that I bought over a year ago and thought they would be perfect for the idea I had in mind.
So here it is.... An Aussie Christmas card. Was going to do a whole border of flags but decided that was overkill. Went through my stamps and found this cutie who actually was chasing a butterfly - but didnt ink that up - in the idea of her holding the flag.
Roughly drew a Christmas tree and used a little cube ink pad and dabbed all over - loved how the edges of the pad made a rough pattern - like needles of a pine tree - some "mistakes" work out wonderfully. Foam taped some presents - the middle one had double height and really stands out.
Merry Christmas stamp was from a set I won about 17 years ago in a magazine - I got a whole set of Inkadinkado Christmas stamps. Havent used them in years!!! The background was a little plain so I added some squiggles - the green lines representing pine needles and the red dots for holly berries. Maybe a enlargement of the photo will show the detail better. I then drew zigzag around the edge and handwrote - From Australia.
I love how it turned out :)
Have a wonderful day :)
14 comments:
Oh this is lovely.
Such a cute card.
Brilliant card and great techniques!
Lovely card. x
Cute - clever!!
OMG! what a terrific use of those little toothpick flag thingies! you are just TOO CLEVER!!!
Oh love that flag, super cute.
good to see an aussie flag on cards love your card
super cute..
hugs
claudi
Love it - very festive!
really cute and clever card. Love the idea . What a great idea to have christmas cards with your national flag or the flag of the perso you are sending it too.
....aw, that is so cute, Hev, great job. What a great idea to put your flag on too ...... well done!
What a fun card!:)
Just want to wish you the best of luck with my Candy;) Thanks for joining!!
Hugs, Camilla.
this is so sweet Heather!!!
Justine
Gorgeous card. Love your cute teddy and all your doodles.
Sharon
Post a Comment