Thursday, September 4, 2008

Moovelous

Hiya!!!
Hope you have all had a great day and everything is brilliant your way!!


Todays card is for my Dad for Father's Day which is this Sunday. He owns a stud cattle farm (I thought it was a Dairy farm but as they dont milk I asked what it was classed as...) anyway I decided to do something a little different but relevant to Dad.


I found a cow stamp which I got at Big W which is a department store here in Oz. I stamped it 6 times, coloured them in and layered them for a raised effect. I think this image is so darn cute, but I dont think getting his cows in a group hug situation would happen ;) I also went searching among through this set and found a branch sort of thing and thought it would substitute for long grass. Stamped in a couple of different greens and then coloured over with the green one. I then used a green watercolour pencil to roughly colour in the odd spots - because I did notice the grass on the paddocks did look whispy and I tried to get that.
Lastly I used the alphabet from the kit to make a play on words, and just stuck them roughly. Finished off with black dots as a border.
So what do you think??? Please comment, I have disabled Writers Verification (sorry if this has annoyed you in the past.)
Have a wonderful day and see you soon :)

17 comments:

Tami said...

Hi Hev.
Its so great to hear from you. I see you have tilda stamps and I want some but they are very expensive. How cool you live in Australia. Wow...I want to visit you!!!

I love all your cards. thanks for the blog love.

Cindy Haffner said...

Hee hee so cute, those guys make me smile, wonderful work.

scotspanda said...

I love it hev, it is a fabby card, the cows are so cute. I bet your dad will love it chick

Heather Huggins said...

Isn't that the cutest stamp! Wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

...Hi Hev....I love Cows!....and those are soooooooo cute! You've done a wonderful job and what a "happy, colourful card" - your Dad will love it!

BetteJo said...

Very cute card - those are very sweet bulls I'd say!

Heather "Hev" said...

Thankyou all!! just a bit of info BetteJo - some female cows have horns - its the breed!! I kept saying he and was corrected - no man boobs - just a girl with horns ;)

sillymonkeycrafts said...

I adore the super cute cow stamps. Your dad will love the card

Bryony

Jill said...

wow Heather this is fab, I lvoe the cows and the way you have layered them and the bright green background I'm sure your dad loved it Jill x
PS thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment on my card x

Natalie said...

This is a great card, love the cows. Thank you so much for all your lovely comments on my cards.

Natalie x

Theresa Momber said...

What a super cute card! Love those images and your background is awesome!

Deb Neerman said...

Soooooooooo cute!!! LOVE this!

cats whiskers said...

Hi Hev what a fantastic card just too comical I love those whacky cows, Your dad will love it. Thanks for your good wishes honey
Hugs Jacqui x

cats whiskers said...

Hi Hev what a fantastic card just too comical I love those whacky cows, Your dad will love it. Thanks for your good wishes honey
Hugs Jacqui x

Anonymous said...

Very cute!!! It fits the challenge perfectly! I'm sure your Dad really liked the card!

Have a great week! Thanks for playing along and "sharing your spark!"

Smriti said...

This is sooooo cute Hev!! You've done a great job!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute card!! Love the cows!!