Friday, June 10, 2011

A "Commission" I did

Hello :)

Seems people do like my cards and I make cards for them :)

So I thought Id share one every now and again and see what you all think :)

My friend Jo asked me to make a card for her daughter, Tammy, who is a Pink fan!
now seeing as Tammy isnt a big girly girl I thought Id work something out
and test my limits and step pout of my comfort zone.



side image

So what I did - was got some lovely pics and decided to make them into huge letters to spell her name. It took me hours and hours but I was determined to get it to work :)

I made an easel card, and I dulled the images in the background and made the pictured letters very bright so they literally popped out of the card. I added some stars along the inside of the card to be the barrier of which the easel part stood.

Im not sure the pictures here actually show the awesomeness (and I say that without any arrogance what-so-ever) of how this turned out. But the best feeling was when Tammy came and thanked me herself :) Makes it all worth it :)

Id love to hear what you think!!

Have a lovely day :)

Entering this into DYSU challenge 23 - Birthdays

6 comments:

Chris (catt871) said...

OMG Hev!!!! This is INCREDIBLE!!!!! I can't imagine the amount of work it took!!! LOVE IT!!!!

Davi said...

Wow Amazing card!! Obviously LOTS of work and love went into it!

Unknown said...

Wow this is awesome, you are so creative, what an idea for the name and images together. Love it xxx

Cleah said...

This is one fabulous card, Heather! Your patience really paid off because this card really came out fantastic! I'm sure your friend Jo and most of all her daughter, Tammy would really feel special and proud of your creation! : )

Christina Hicks said...

Goodness what an awesome card. I would love to try something like this for my niece with Lady Gaga. Except I am not that brave or talented lol. Thank you for your nice comment on my blog.

Frances said...

Very cute card! loved your tecnique, Thanks for joining us at DYSU Challenge, hugs, Frances.