Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Star Wedding

Hi :)

I had to make a card for friends who were getting married last Saturday.

In my head I had an idea with a silhouette and started working on my plan.

Well to my surprise I started going on a completely different path -
so I decided just to let myself go and see where it went.....

This is the end result.....




This is so far from normal for me and so out of my comfort zone
- I am not sure what came over me!!!

I saw the star charms in my box and thought that maybe they could represent
"Wishing On A Star" so I ended up doing a line on the bottom of the main image.
Dont think I have ever hung anything from a card???

Then I decided I would make my own bow!!!
Me with huge fingers and long fingernails
- but I was determined and I must say it came out quite cute ;)

Ribbon down the sides acted as a border and tied in with the ribbon and then I had to do a
Tami (My sister in law)
and add some bling.

As I had also made the bouquet (must get photos)
I knew she had pink in her wedding
so I added some deep pink diamontes along the ribbon
to add some elegance.

When I was finished I was pleased yet very nervous
- like I said this is WAY out of my comfort zone
and I wasnt sure how it was to be received.

Nerves all present - I decided to ask my brother
(expecting him to tell me it was crap) who to my extreme surprise
told me he loved it and I should make more for our Charitie's fundraising drive!!
Wahoo!!

So I learnt something that day - Go with the flow!!
Have a lovely day!!

1 comment:

Beverly G said...

As we grow in our artistic endeavors we learn to listen to those little inner voices. This is one of the nicest silhouette cards I've seen.