Saturday, March 28, 2009

Layer upon layer upon layer

Hello everyone :)

No I am not speaking of a Sara Lee pastry (or myself for that matter) I am talking about this project that my brother Greg has been thinking about for ages!!!

He bought a box frame and wanted to fill the windows with 3d pictures.

Greg taught himself how to use one of those editing programs and went about finding some pictures both from our personal shots and from some royalty free sites and went about making some images ready to 3d.


For this frame he chose Big Cat images. Greg and Tami's house is full of cat pictures so it wasnt a surprise to me when he chose these fabulous pictures!! I LOVE how he made the middle one into just a black and white image. Very dramatic!!!!


He thinks I did most of the "thinking" for this but really I didnt!!
The only thing I did was help sort out how to edit the pictures for 3d to save ink and paper!!
Oh and I put on foam dots and applied the glue as you can see here!


Here are the 3 images - cant make out the layers which I guess is a good thing in a way :)
Here is the finished result - 2 pictures on different angles. They just pop out at you :)

I was hoping you would do me a favour if you could and go to Gregs blog and let him know what you think please??? He has a new blog and not many people know about it yet :)



Well Thank you for stopping by :) I will be drawing my blog candy in a day or so - not many entrants sadly... oh well better chance for those who have entered.

Have a wonderful day :)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool project heather!! TFS!

bumblebee creations said...

WOW! When you said Cats I thought you meant little kitty cats! Gorgeous!! Off to tell him so!

BetteJo said...

Very creative - great cats!

Renee said...

This is really cool Hev! You did an awesome job :)

Sez said...

Thats so cool Heather :)

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Heather, i hope you are well hunny. You have been busy since my last visit with so much going on. I love your cards and these tigers are stunning! tigers are my favourite animals!! i hope you have a good weekend, and apologies that i havn't been round much this week. Speak soon i hope Linda x

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather - my goodness you are one talented lady! These tigers are awesome - well done.

If you would pop over to my blog, you have been tagged - it is a fun, easy tag.

Shelia said...

Hey Heather, you have really been very very busy, so glad you are back at stamping again, I have missed you. The "cat" picture is amazing. Keep in touch.

Natalie said...

Heather this is fab. x

Carolyn King said...

very cool--great idea!

Emma said...

Wow Heather the pictures look fab.
Emma x

Heather Schlatter said...

This Project is so so pretty Heather!!! I love the Tigers!!!

I still have no printer Hubby wants to hold off on getting one, and I am about to go insane I have not had one for almost 6 months now!!!

Heather