Sunday, January 11, 2009

I like it, I like it not, I like it......

Hello everyone :)

Here is the card I mentioned the other day which I had been ooohing and aaaaahhhhing about.......

Now my 2 critics - Mum and SIL Tami (who incidently WILL post her cards ONE DAY!!!) say they absolutely love this card - I on the other hand keep changing my mind.

See I decided to get out my stamps and actually use them - I am very novice at stamping and was trying bits and pieces. I grabbed a medium sized acrylic block and added some stamps I bought at a cheap store to make a backing sheet/mat thing.

As you probably know by now I am not a card planner - I go by the seat of my pants - I used some of the paper I won on Amy's blog candy and went about work. One of the stamps I was practicing with was a butterfly stamp - so I went with that..... First butterfly I made that the wings stick up as a dimensional element. The second was the wings were foam taped and the 3rd all was foam taped but only part of the butterfly got on the card..

I guess I had better show you the card huh...
Here it is on a different angle (may have to click to enlarge it)
Now this is where I finished after I was trying all different layering of the butterflies. I am not sure why I put it to be photographed as I hadnt finished with it - possibly it was on some sort of sub-conscious level that I thought it had.

I was thinking I should perhaps add a bigger sentiment atop of the word panel - but then that didnt seem right either. Then there was I should add some more sparkle around the butterflies - maybe I should add flowers - maybe maybe maybe......

I also know that when I try and change things I often make them a gigantic mess and throw them away - I like the card - but is the niggling inside because I have gone completely for something not normal to me. Is it because I dont trust my Ms Mojo?? Is it because other stampers dont do things this way

ARGH!!!!!! So this is where you come in - I would love to hear honestly what you think... I dont mind criticism (just hate rudeness in criticism)

This is another I plan to sell at the fair and several opinions would be fabulous

Thankyou all for your help

24 comments:

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow Heather what a lovely card hunny, you seem to have got the hang of stamping already. I had to smile at your comment im a "by the seat of my pants" kind of girl. Very funny hunny. Hugs Lind ax

Shirley/Jennifer said...

I am new at stampin.. and you know what??? I go "by the seat of my pants" alot..... hahahah

I know I seem to get better with practice..... maybe some day I will have a card that brings the ohhhssssss awessssss anyway just stay with it and I am sure you will be doing super cards in the future

Blessings Shirley

Stef H said...

WOW! This is beautiful. That's what it's all about - hit & miss! One thing to remember (and I'm sure you already know) what is "ugly" to you is "beautiful" to someone else! From what I've seen here, there's NO ugly!

Stef H

Nikki said...

Thats quite a cool card....very arty.
It's good to experiment sometimes isn't it?

Danni said...

I love the butterflies!! So pretty!
The only thing I would've done a tad different is to put one of the butterflies up top so it would "balance" out a tad but it's beautiful the way it is!

bumblebee creations said...

I really love this card Heather!! I think you need to trust your ms mojo!! I think it is gorgeous and I love how youve done the two different backgrounds and put the butterflies on!! I finally got my pif in return for yours!! probably thought i forgot, huh? : ) Have a great day!

lauren bergold said...

well not to disagree with my lovely blog hostess...but...i think i am gonna agree with mom & s-i-l on this one! LOVE the background, especially!

i actually think the whole thing is quite nice as is...tho i s'pose if you were really SET on adding something...or trying it out...maybe a ribbon (with or without bow??!) on the line that separates the two halves??!??

xo♥lb

Unknown said...

My honest opinion is that the card is...........Fantastic, Heather. I really love it. After nearly 5 years of cardmaking I've only recently got into and enjoyed stamping, I find the key, is to just keep playing and experimenting with the stamps. I don't think it needs a sentiment, the stamped wording is enough. Love the butterflies. Joanne x

Sue said...

Heather i think its a fab card, like you i um n rr over nearly all of mine!! lol. sue.xx

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I think most of us, (well there are a few exceptions) go by the sit of our pants...LOL I think it is beautiful... well done.

2 Worlds said...

Great cards, I love butterflies too

NoraAnne said...

I love the butterflies and thank you for visiting my blog :)

Anonymous said...

Heather, I think this is beautiful!! The butterflies really make it gorgeous! Just keep in mind that we are ALWAYS our own worst critics!!! My style is always changing, but it evolves into something and that means you're growing as a crafter! :)

Sue said...

left you something on me blog hun, sue.x

Natalie said...

Heather this is lovely. x

Heather Schlatter said...

I Heather,
The card is lovely. I love the Distressing around the top part of the Sentiment.

I agree with Danni if I was going to do anything I might add one more butter fly to the top to balance or move one of the others up, but really it is lovely the way it is!!!

Welcome to the Stamping World Girlfriend!!!

Your gonna love it!!! I promise you will even if your not hooked quite yet!!!

Heather S.

Sue said...

Oh im sure i left you another message on here yest, sorry hun left you something on me blog, sue.x

Patti said...

Thanks for stopping by my new Blog and leaving a comment. Come back soon.
You have a great Blog, enjoyed it thanks.
I wish for more time to play.
Lady bugs in the garden.blogspot

Danni said...

Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!!

Sez said...

Another gorgeous card from you Heather.
Love it.

HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Heather!
Love the sweet butterflies. :)

hugs
Inger

Sez said...

Hi Heather.

Can you pop over to my blog?
Sorry if you have done it or already have it =)

Thanks

Chrissy D said...

Pretty! I love the sketch... Since you asked my opinion...:) I know different computers and lighting grab the colors differently - but on my computer (not sure if this is the way it is IRL - the pink seems to clash a bit with the Red. The pink on my screen is more of a cool tone and the red seems to be a warmer tone...

I like the idea of putting one of the butterflies on the top panel too.

I like it! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Well Heather, I think you've done a fine job. Sometimes we are too critical of ourselves and judging by most of the comments here, you've done a great job!