Hello everyone :)
Well I got that card done I was mentioning last time so without further ramblings here it is :)
I have been "thinking" of Valentine's ideas and having never made a Valentine card before I found it to be a little weird going. I bought a wooden heart last week to use as a template and I was sitting at my computer and I turned to my side and there sat a bag of sequins flowers.. A light bulb went off (energy saver of course ;) ) and thought I could add the flowers as a border to make the heart. So I did that and it looked great - until I tried to stamp.... well Mum thought it looked lovely but you know when you just know in your gut it wasnt what you "wanted" - well I cut out the middle as close as I could and found this textured paper and just had enough to go in the middle.
Morning came and I noticed it wasnt the same shade - so I used my pens to colour it darker to make it jump a little more (the other was a muted pink) I thought it had a nice effect. Added 3d paint to each flower for a bling centre to the flowers - added some extra pizzazz that way.
Being brave I got out some more stamps and tried to make my own backing - so I found a heart stamp and alternated the pattern and made like a wallpapery pattern. Yes it got covered with the heart but it still wasnt this stark white in the back. Coloured the image in places and I promise the yellow isnt bright at all - it is subtle in real light. Still not satisfied so I used my new postage stamp shape punch and cut in half to act as corners. I made the sentiment on the computer.
Now to keeping with what I have discovered is an important part of the card - yes I am a slacker in this department - I made an inside for the card.
Had NO idea what to write - it isnt cheesy is it???
All comments are welcome - only way I can learn - and as I am meant to be selling (GULP) these I am grateful for any help offered.Have a wonderful day and see you soon!
30 comments:
What a pretty heart!!! Love the bling along the outside!! :) TFS!!
Oh well done i think ya card looks brill, funny when the light bulbs pops on!! lol sue.xx
Ohhh it's lovely Heather. Your background is fab, well done on doing your own. Thank you for visiting my blog and all the lovely comments you've left. Lovely to see your cards again. Joanne x
Heather- I am sure you will have no problem selling this at all it is gorgeous!! Wow lots of work went into it!! TFS!
love it hun :o)
lotsalove
Amanda xx
Fab card Heather and well done on getting the inside decorated too. Glad to see you made a start on those Valentines cards at last. Love the sequin flower border and what you did with the paper inside the heart.
Sharon
Hi Heather this is a beautiful Valenties card.
Hugs Lynsey :)
Pretty pretty, love your wonderful heart.
WOW. This is great. You really put alot of work into this and your brain was really running. Good for you!
Stef H
Thats a lovely card Heather :D
Oh that is very cute. Love the bling. Kim
This is lovely Heather. x
Heather this is simply gorgeous hun. Love the pink bling, just stunning! hugs Linda x
I see everyone is doing valentines I guess I have to do one.
Hi Hev.....what a great card and you sure have put a lot of effort into it. :) Great insert too...and I think the sentiment is perfect. :) :)
xxDebbiexx
Lovely card, am sure you ll have no problem selling this !!! :-)
Lovely Card. Thanks for joining in this week. xx
Hi Heather:
You've made a lovely Valentine card, Heather - I love the glitter and brightness of it - well done!
Hi Heather
I have a little something for you over on my blog.
Joanne x
Hi Heather, this is gorgeous, I love all that pink!.joey xxx
aww Heather this is gorgeous I love the card backing made using your stamps looks fab hugs Jill x
Wow this is beautiful!
Hugs
Renee
Heather this is a lovely card!!! I really like the Heart in the center, and all the different pinks!!!
love the background on the card back too!!!
TFS.
Heather
p.s. I am composing a post right now, but hop by my blog tomorrow I have an award for you. I know you have a lot of them and probably have this one, but I wanted to give it to you anyway!!!
Heather
what a lovely card x x
Thanks for linking to my candy and good luck in the draw. Kim
Heather, this is fantastic, you can tell you put a lot of detailing into it. I love the little sequin flowers you put around the heart. I am bad about not finishing the inside till I get ready to send it to someone. Thanks for participating in Pat's challenge, I like for everyone to compete.
What a lovely Valentine card
Heather!
hugs Inger
Love the running construction commentary! The card is truly sweet!
Such a pretty card!!
This is soooo pretty! Love how you framed the heart with flowers. So pretty!
Post a Comment