This is a stenographer notebook which I decided to pretty up for Betty. She loves Betty Boop and I knew her Granddaughter Sarah was making her a card Go have a look so I thought perhaps I could borrow the BB idea and tie her birthday card and present together.
Firstly, just added pink cardstock to cover the blue squiggles which were on the cover.
I then printed out magnificent backing paper which was a freebie from Funky Fairy and added that as the decorative background - it is so yummy you could just use it like it is :)
The Betty Boop image is 3d but only with double sided tape - just incase she had to lean on the pad somehow didnt want it to go wonky....
I teabag folded some squares in a random way - turned out a little too much green so chopped off the bigger portions of the medallion to leave this sweet little one. Added a paper flower in the centre and used a little pearl accent for the middle of the flower.
Had to personalise it - so I just made her name in Word (cheri font) and added some coloured borders around. (Would have made the outer colour a little darker if I redid it though). Adhered that atop of some pink ribbon and added a flower in each corner.
I covered the inside cover with the gorgeous patterned paper and also the back cover.
Betty is the type of lady who will always try and make you smile if you arent feeling the brightest. She was a HUGE support during Mum's cancer surgery and long battle to come home (5 years ago today - HAPPY REMISSION MUM!!!) and she continues to be there if I ever need her. This present isnt much in the way of repaying her for everything she has done for me but I think she knows how much I appreciate everything she does!! Even if we do tease her a bit ;)
Onto the next part of my post for today (sorry if it is dragging on!!) Id like to thank Karin from Sweet N' Sassy stamps for the gorgeous Pond Pals set I won by blog candy on Faith's blog :) Korin was very kind in her emails and I hope to have a play soon and show you my interpretation of using them.
Have a wonderful day - Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends :)
Hugs Heather
oops nearly forgot - go see Sally at Bootiful Stamps for her daily candy!!! Link on my sidebar in the candy store!!
9 comments:
gorgeous card Hev, and thanks so much for taking the time to leave me lovely comments it means so much to me hugs Jill x
What a cutie, super work.
Great altered notebook...I just love making these!
A beautiful notebook!
Clairex
What a great idea to alter the notebook...:) :) I love altering things and being able to reuse items - so much fun. ;) :)
xxDebbiexx
Loved the fold Hev. I studyed it for a min actually lol.
Grandma loves her present.
Sez x
Heather that is just fab!! What a thoughtful gift that will be treasured.
hugs Bev x
Awesome gift! Betty Boop ROCKs! :O)
What a fabulous idea, Hev, to alter a note book - love the colour and Betty Boop is soooooo cute isn't she! Well done!
Post a Comment