Sunday, November 16, 2008

Owl send good wishes

Hello once again :)

Hope today is treating you well :)


I have just made a group of cards whilst watching a movie - a few just need sentiments made on the computer and wa - la!! Must say I am quite happy with myself.


They are being used as note cards as I have a heap of things I have to send out in the next week or so - and wanted something nice to send with them.





Anyway enough of my waffling - here is my first card - very basic but I think its enough.I used a 3d sheet from Nicole who graciously makes loads of 3d sheets to share with those whom ask nicely :) I have been a little neglectful of my promise so I have made 4 Nikky creations tonght ;)

I absolutely fell in love with this owl when I saw it - I think those big eyes just melted me.
I added the layers together with double sided tape but only foam taped the very first layer for depth (Sorry not sure how to word it) maybe if you click on the pic you can work out what I mean. I ripped a piece of cream cardstock and inked the edges with my brown ink pad- I think the colours really matched the ones in the owl itself :)

Thought about doing a sentiment a different colour or matted on white but I thought it would look too busy, so just got a basic best wishes stamp (image tree??) and used the same brown ink to stamp it with.
Kept looking at what else I could possibly do but I couldnt see anything - well not with any supplies I had here. So I proudly sat him on a shelf and got working on my other cards which I will share over the next day or two :)
I hope you like the simplicity of him - I think he is adorable.
Just another reminder to go and look at this post at Bootiful Stamps - you could be a lucky winner!!

Have a fabulous day and I will catch up with you soon!!
Hugs from Australia!

9 comments:

Sez said...

Another stunning card Hev.
x

Natalie said...

Great card, love the owl. x

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh i love your owl, so striking.

bumblebee creations said...

Love the card heather! You've done an awesome job!! Thank you for sharing! (and inspiring!)

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Heather another lovely card hun, loving the owl!!! hugs Linda x

BetteJo said...

I really like the burnt edge look of the card, and the owl is adorable!

Calv said...

I love this card Hev, that owl looks great. :)

Nicole said...

Hi Hev
Love the owl card too! I love your blog it is very creative and I am glad that you are using my sheets from time to time :)
Nicole aka Craftynikky

Anonymous said...

What a really SWEET SWEET card!! ;) Love the coloring on it!! TFS!