Sunday, October 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Sweetie :)

Today is my nephew's 4th birthday.



He is an absolute honey who is very passionate about the things in his life - esp his jumping castle, planes, trains and Mickey Mouse. He has loved Mickey since I gave him a plate I used from when I was a baby and considering I am almost 35 you could call it an antique or even retro.





So when I decided to make his birthday card I was going to do Mickey Mouse in a plane but I couldnt find one. So I got a basic Mickey picture and 3ded it.

Added lots of dots - the ones on the sides are covered in 3d paint - in light green and orange.

The 4 I traced off of a google search - my 4's looked a little wonky. Mum suggested I add the Guess who is and the 4 below Mickey's hand. Clever idea!!!

Sadly I didnt notice the glare behind Guess :( I did write it originally in silver texta but it didnt show and I went over it in black texta - gladly only the camera shows it - obviously a light reflection.

I think this is so cool - hope he likes it :)

20 comments:

scotspanda said...

he will love it because auntie hev made it for him :)

lotsalove

amandaxxx

cats whiskers said...

He is going to love this great colorful Mickey Card, and how nice of you to give him that plate that you have had all those years. Hope he has a great 4th Birtday
Hugs Jacqui x

Natalie said...

Great card, my little boy loves Mickey. x

Annie said...

thank you for stoppiing by my blog and leaving me a lovely comment. Love your Mickey card for your Nephew, I'm sure he loved it! hugs, annie x

Cindy Haffner said...

Cute, cute, cute, he will love it.

Mada said...

Guess who will be 47 next spring?
:D :D :D

Such an adorable card, I am sure your nephew is (will be) thrilled to have it. I love those painted dots on the side, they make the whole card look very festive.
And the sentiment is fantastic, you are lucky to have such a creative Mum. :)

Hugs,
Mada

Pop's Cards said...

35 isnt old!!!!! lol, i love this card i love the mouses, especially minie, he will love this, and a happy birthday to him too...
Enjoy the rest of your day, Hugs Pops x x x

CraftyC said...

Happy Birthday to your Nephew, he'll love the card!
Clairex

Allison Rankin said...

How fun...great kid card!

Anonymous said...

Oh Hev - what a darling card. Mickey is so cute, isn't he? I'd say he's one lucky nephew with a very special Auntie. Well done!

BetteJo said...

I think any Mickey lover would love that card. Sweet!

Enfys said...

This is so cute Hev. Hope the little chap had a wonderful day.

Sez said...

Hev, another stunning card.
And I hope he had a great birthday :D

Sez
xx

Theresa Momber said...

What a fun card for your nephew! He will love it. Super cute

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Awww this is SOOO cute! Love the bright colours and that is so sweet that he's loved Mickey since you gave him your childhood keepsake! :O)

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Wonderful card....so bright, cheery and fun....your nephew will love it...xx

maxine said...

This is such a cute card. Lovely colours. Thanks for joining in with my blog candy and good luck.

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning honey there is an award for you over on my blog, love Pops x x x

Rach said...

awww such a sweet card,
Thank you for taking the time to enter my blog candy. good luck. hugs rachxx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Happy birthday to your nephew and this is such a gorgeous card. hugs Llinda x