Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A rose is a rose....

This is another card in which I have a love/hate relationship....

Please be honest what you think, as I am in two minds..... I thought it might need more in the pink areas, but then I thought it was busy enough. Then there is the black dots - adds an interesting aspect ( pic doesnt show it 100% ) but then I thought I should have left it bear. Or should I put glitter glue there??? ARGH!!!!!
Anyway I received this picture when I was doing "Operation Sheena" which was my code name for helping to raise money for a trustfund for Sheena's children. Sheena was a 23 year old woman diagnosed with brain cancer. She has 2 small children and her work was matching $ for $ in a trust fund. One less thing her husband had to worry about. Lots of wonderful ladies from Circle Of Crafters sent me cards and supplies to help raise money.
Sorry off track again... I think this was on Hobby Tex paper (I think thats what it was called?) So I coloured it with pencils and highlighted bits with silver glitter glue. Backed it on white card to make the colours truer, and then backed it on black for give some definition. Added foam tape to add height.
The background is pink gingham SBP cut in half diagonally and then a piece of pink card in the middle. Added the rose on top.
Sentiment I just used my Image Tree "For You" stamp - couldnt decide where to put it so did it in both corners and edged it in Glitter glue to compliment the glitter in the rose.
Edged in black strips of card and thats it folks......
Hope you are all having a wonderful day and I look forward to hearing from you :)

3 comments:

Risa said...

Your card is so beautiful and for such a great cause! Great job!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Hev - hope you are feeling better now. Your rose is absolutely gorgeous. Another alternative would be to use black as your base card, frame of pink gingham or plain pink(leaving a small edge of black) and the rose on top of black...I tend to use too many layers, Hev - I know how you feel about love/hate relationship with a card - I have lots of those (lol)

Heather Huggins said...

Cool!! Love the sparkle!!