Saturday, August 9, 2008

Delight in Life

Over at Crafters and Co we are having a fairy card swap.......
So I am practicing with fairy cards before I decide which one I am going
to post to my swap partner.

I am not very seasoned with stamping so I decided to bite the bullet as it were and have a go.

The fairy stamp is from Stamps and Stuff Michelle plays darts in my Sister- in-laws team and runs this business by herself. Tell her Heather from darts says Hi - if you pop by :)
Flower and sentiment stamp is from Stampin' Up - a set which the wonderful Renee sent me as part of a blog candy prize I won :) Thankyou again.
Now with the colouring I have been practicing what I have seen on other blogs.... I bought myself a set of Whispers pens - in pastel shades. So I used them and remembered somewhere about going around the image to create a focus. What I did with the fairy was add a lighter tone for the connection to the image and a shade darker to connect to the lighter image - I was hoping to create a glow around the fairy??? Any tips would be greatly appreciated - I am learning all this stuff!! I regret using a normal marker to add darker colour to the flowers - but live and learn I guess.
So for the next few cards I will probably be making fairy cards - then I can decide which one I will send out. I dont know if we will find out who we will be receiving from but if we do maybe I can let them choose which one they would like?? - nah spoil the surprise then wouldnt it!!
Have a wonderful day everyone - and speak to you soon :)

1 comment:

BetteJo said...

I love fairies! More! More!