Thursday, June 12, 2008

A quick post....

Here is the card I promised yesterday.....

I may not be on for a few days as my Mum was rushed to hospital again this evening and will be in for a few days at least. She goes through so much and never complains.....

May still be able to craft at night but I am exhausted from the 4 hours there tonight so most of the day will be rough.... positive thoughts for her please...


Anyway here is the 2nd of my recon cards.
At first it was this long brown card which looked like an old treasure map - I had inked the edges with dark brown ink. Anyway it looked so bear just with the "Floating Diamond and Popping Squares Fold" medallion (fold designed by Penny) and the Thinking of You sign thing. I kinda liked it but again wasnt convinced so cut it up and went to work again.
Added white strips down the edges and on that added thicker dark green ribbon and atop that a lighter pale green ribbon so it all created a border.
Another green card used and only 1 more to go - wonder what I will do with it??? I lined up all the cards except the one I gave to Sarah and I am very impressed with myself - they arent all the same - I have experimented with things I normally wouldnt and trusted what I had done.
Hope to hear from you and I will be posting as soon as I can.
Take care of yourself!!!

7 comments:

Mada said...

Oh, Heather, I am so sorry to hear about your Mom :(
You are both in my thoughts and prayers.
And by the way, lovely card, I love the layout and the colors and the tile you used.
Many hugs.

BetteJo said...

I'll say a prayer for your mom, hope all goes well.

I do like the card - especially the layering on the sides, the white, dark and light green - very pretty.

Heather "Hev" said...

Thankyou :)

Mum is home and doing well.

I have managed to do 3/4 of a card just going to find a 3d to finish it off.....

Have a great day :)

Anonymous said...

....Hi Hev....

Many thanks for your comments on my blog - much appreciated.

So sorry to hear about your mum and I do hope things get better. Will keep you and your mum in my thoughts and send lots of hugs.

Your card is wonderful - I must get back to teabag folding - it always looks so nice. Great job and colour scheme.

Take care - mum too...........

Heather "Hev" said...

Thankyou Myrt :)

Renee said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your mom isn't feeling well :( I'll keep you both in my prayers.

I love your card...it's very pretty.

Renee

Heather "Hev" said...

Thankyou :)