Grabbed a green one and went to work - was very impressed with the size and even though the folds got tougher with the thicker paper -it wasnt hard at all.
I then looked at it and thought it needed a skirt. Normally I guess youd use kite folds or a folded doily but they werent handy and I REALLY didnt want to stand up again so I spied some paper ribbon I had in my box. Grabbed the green and thought immediately of River dance ;) I tore the ribbon in 3 parts and stuck them on a piece of scrap paper with double sided tape, arranged them so they werent all in a line - 3 one side 3 the other - slighly overlapping each time - until I got a full "skirt". I then grabbed my huge reel of double sided tape and traced a curve on the back and cut it out.
Again I liked it, but I wanted to fiddle some more with it... so I snipped little cuts in each piece and then tore them up to the bodice. Sort of gave the skirt more movement and because the ribbon is so shiny it caught the light on them so nicely. Added a strip down the middle of the bodice to tie it all in.
Although I thought River Dance, I didnt really have much to make a card like that so tonight whilst watching tv I started a card and came up with this... what do you think? The photo doesnt show how vibrant the green is - put I thought it still looked like an 80's party dress and went with that.
Thanks for having a read and hope to see you soon :)
7 comments:
I love it! It's so cute.... you did a great job!
Yes Lillian loves that you linked her...THANK YOU!!! And under inspiration too...now I'm impressed. I have added you to Lillian's "Who's Linking Me?" section on her blog.
Thankyou Renee ans Sara for stopping by :)
I am honoured to have a link to Lillians blog - if you havent seen it please go and check it out :)
Hello hev
I've been busy. How are you? This card is so nice. I LOVE everything about it. Someday we will have to swap cards if you'd like to do that with me maybe this summer when I have more time???
Take care and I'm off to revisit your fabulous blog.
Thankyou Tami :)
Sounds like lots of fun :)
I don't have a clue how creativity like that works, it's amazing!
Wow BetteJo - thankyou fro such a wonderful compliment :)
Post a Comment